Questions to break open stuckness or tension
Most search teams get stuck at one point or another. These questions are designed to help the team move ahead in those instances.
- What can we celebrate?
- What assumptions are we making, and how are they holding us back?
- What realities do we need to acknowledge?
- What is the reason we are spending time on this line of discussion?
- What is distracting us from our work, and how do we get back on track?
- What are we not talking about that we really must talk about?
- What would it take for us to get on the same page?
- What is one question that might move us forward in this process?
- What is going on inside of me? What is going on within our search team and/or congregation?
- What is God prompting in me/us?