- What assumptions do we have about our next minister? Which ones will serve the candidates and us well, and which ones won’t?
- What ministerial competencies would best enable our church to live toward God’s dream for it, as discerned during congregational discussions on identity and direction? How do we distinguish between essential and desirable qualities?
- How do we translate the essentials into a position description that will inform and excite potential candidates?
- What do we want potential candidates to know first about our congregation and open position?
- What is a fair compensation range for the level of responsibility, skills, and experience we are looking for in a minister?