From the candidate's perspective
- Excitement about having been extended a call to your church.
- Grief about change, no matter how exciting.
- In addition to a simple yes or no, weighing various factors around the compensation offer:
- Would I be making what I am worth? Would I be able to afford living in this area? If not, what are the reasons the offer is low?
- Are the benefits commensurate with my level of responsibility and experience? Would they allow me ample opportunities for self-care and personal and professional growth?
- Encouragement when questions and requests about the terms of call are met with openness and flexibility, hesitancy when they are not.
- Confusion and disappointment for candidates not chosen, particularly those who are given no feedback and/or find out someone else was called from another source.